125 Acres Shipshewana Silent Auction
- Total acreage is 125 acres.
- Total acreage under irrigation is 110 acres.
- As the enclosed soil map shows, over 70% of the soil is Plainfield Loamy sand with 0 to 2 percent slopes.
- The crop rotation has been potatoes, seed corn, soybeans. It is in soybeans currently and is ready for potatoes.
- The land is currently in the first year of a five-year lease that is optional for the buyer. The current cash rent is $300 per acre. The new buyer may continue in this lease or pull it out.
- The irrigation systems on the land include three pivots. There are two six-tower pivots and one two-tower pivot. These will sell with the land.
- There is a 10-inch electric well on the property that was new in 2016.
- If you have interest in purchasing the ground please fill out and return the enclosed bid form by email, fax, or regular mail. Contact information is below. Because you are on the list of trusted persons, you need not enclose any earnest money.
- Please have the form in to our office by September 28th, 2018. Within a week after that deadline, all parties who submitted reasonable bids will be notified what the high bid is and will have the opportunity to raise it. We will then work with all contending bidders until we have a winner.
- The winning bidder will then be asked to enter into a purchase agreement and put 5% down of the purchase price.
- Closing is to be on or before November 30th, 2018.
- Six acres of the dry ground in the southeast corner are optional as noted on the map. You will be asked to specify on the bid form whether your bid applies to 119 acres or 125 acres.
Thank you for your consideration and we look forward to working with you! Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you have questions.
- Sellers: Mike and Rosetta Groff
- Contact Loren: 574-825-0704
Bright Star Realty and Auctions